This Friday October 26, 2012 is the Texas Wireless Summit. And as part of the event we are having the annual Mobile Monday Austin Startup Showcase.
(Also, don’t forget that on Oct 22 we are having our regular Mobile Monday Austin event at Capital Factory — topic: Mobile & Cloud.)
This year we are having a strong presence of Startups — 13 total showcasing their mobile apps and solutions; awesome:
1* Baytan Labs — http://baytanlabs.com
2* CanWeNetwork — http://www.canwenetwork.com
3* Divert-X – http://divert-x.com
4* DrawMD / Visual Health — http://escalation-point.com
5* EMMOCO — http://emmoco.com
6* News Blast – http://sxtyscnds.com
7* Noom — http://www.noom.me
8* Ringful — http://ringful.com
9* Toopher — http://toopher.com
10* Vivogig — http://vivogig.com
11* VolunteerSpot — http://volunteerspot.com
12* Wheel InnovationZ — http://wheelinnovationz.com
13* Zello — http://zello.com
Looking back at previous App Showcases at TWS, it is great to see companies that at the time were just starting, and that today are doing quite well, for example 1) MapMyFitness, 2) Game Salad, 3) Tabbedout.
As part of the showcase, judges that include the founder of Tabbedout, the CFO of Phunware, and yours truly, will judge the companies based on
(1) Originality, (2) Impact, (3) Maturity and (4) Business Plan/Model. The judges for this year are:
* Maria Ocampo — Head of Publisher Services at Collider Media
* Rick Orr — Founder Tabbedout
* Alan Kane — CFO Phunware
* Brian Grigsby — General Partner, Corsa Ventures
* D Keith Casey Jr — Evangelist at Twilio
* C. Enrique Ortiz — Head of Products at Shango
For more information about the Texas Wireless Summit and registration, visit TWS web site http://TWSUMMIT.COM.
We had a wonderful showcase at the Texas Wireless Summit 2010, with 12 companies participating:
Great interactions and demos all across…
The companies were judged based on application originality, creativity and innovation as well as business model, validity and execution. A Runner up and 1st place were chosen:
(Runner up) — QRANK
(1st place) — Famigo Games
Congratulations to Famigo Games, winner of the 2010 MobileMonday/AppCircus Showcase and QRANK…
We had a well rounded set of cool companies that included mobile gaming, fitness, tab and POS management, social, secure health, education, brand management and call management. It was awesome to have them participate and see the mobile startups that are brewing up in Austin… Congrats to All!
Thanks to the MobileMonday Austin, AppCircus and the Austin Technology Incubator staff and our sponsor Bracewell & Giuliani LLP.
Related to this see Texas Wireless Summit Showcases Austin as Premier Wireless Innovation Hub (ATI blog).
This is an invitation to all Mobile Startups in Austin to participate at the MobileMonday Austin Showcase at the upcoming Texas Wireless Summit; read below. If you would like to participate please email me at eortiz [at] mobilemondayaustin [dot] com.
On Nov 16th, the ATI and MobileMondayAustin (MobileMonday Austin.com) are hosting a Showcase to highlight the most promising mobile applications and platforms. The Showcase will be 45 minutes during the afternoon break — we will set up cocktail tables around the coffee and snacks for the startups to demo and engage with the audience. We are anticipating around 200 participants, from all corners of the industry and including carriers, angel investors, and VC investors. Participating companies will receive one complimentary pass to the Summit. Please visit TWSummit.com.
During the TWS showcase we are doing Austin’s first AppCircus. We are partnering with AppCircus (AppCircus.com) which is a global cross-platform mobile showcase which enables any mobile application to be eligible to pitch in any city around the world which hosts an AppCircus. There will be an expert panel judging the applications and a winner mobile application will be chosen which will be eligible to present at the 2011 Mobile Premier Awards in Barcelona, during the Mobile World Congress.
There are so many mobile-related events in September alone that with (at least) 28 days of mobile events, September should be designated as 2010′s Mobile Month; see below:
- Mobile Future Forward, Sept 8, Seattle
- Over the Air, Sept 10, London
- APP Nation Conference, September 13 San Francisco
- DigiDay Mobile, September 13 in New York City
- Nokia Developer Summit, September 14, London
- DEMO, September 14, San Francisco
- Mobile Innovation Week, September 15-17, Toronto
- BlackBerry Developer Conference, Sept 27-30, San Francisco
- Mobile 2.0 Event, September 20-21, Mountain View, CA
- JavaOne and Oracle Develop, September 19 – 23, San Francisco
- MobiTechFest Americas West, September 21, San Francisco
- Verizon Developer Conference, September 21 & 22, Las Vegas
- Design for Mobile, 20-24 September, Chicago, Illinois
- iPhone/iPad Developers Conference, September 27 – 29, San Diego, CA
- MobileMonday Summit 2010, September 28, Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia.
- Mobilize, September 30, San Francisco, CA.
October 2010 comes very close though with many cool mobile events as well…
For more information about these events and other developer events see the WIP Events Wiki…
A reminder that the 2011 SXSW Interactive PanelPicker community voting is open and that voting ends Aug 27, 2010. SXSW Interactive is on March 11-15, 2011.
For SXSW Interactive alone there are 2344 sessions! Wow. And for mobile/wireless and mobile apps there are 96 sessions.
Please remember that SXSW is a community-driven event and that your vote literally accounts for about 30% of the decision-making process for any given programming slot.
So go ahead, find the proposals (and mobile proposals!) that most interest you and vote!
Voting ends 11:59 CDT on Friday, August 27.
See you March 11-15, 2011…