There will be three cool mobile events on the first week of May:
- May 3rd – MobileMonday Austin | Topic: Mobile Web & Widgets
- May 5th – Rice Alliance – Austin Chapter | Topic: The Business of Location: Making Money with Geo-Aware Services
- May 7th – ReadWriteWeb Mobile Summit 2010 (Mountain View, CA)
May 3rd | MobileMonday Austin | Mobile Web and Widgets
The topic is Mobile Web & Widgets with Kirk Ballou of Flash Widgets and Dan Podwall of the Nokia Web Runtime Team presenting on the hot topic of mobile and web and the role of widgets.
- Date: May 3rd. Please arrive by 5:45pm. We will start at 6pm-7:30pm.
- Cost: Free. Open bar and appetizers will be served.
- Where: MAX Underground at 207 San Jacinto Boulevard, Austin TX 78701.
- Seating is limited: Please RSVP at the MobileMonday Austin website http://www.mobilemondayaustin.com
For event information see
May 5th | Rice Alliance – Austin Chapter | The Business of Location: Making Money with Geo-Aware Services
Over the past year, location-based services that take advantage of the capabilities of the iPhone and other smartphones have exploded onto the scene. Many analysts claim that over the next five years, we’ll see location-based services become household names the way Facebook and Twitter have become synonymous with the social web. In order to get there, location companies need to develop clear business models and innovative strategies to monetize geo-aware services. What monetization strategies will work? How profitable will these location services be? How can other businesses benefit from the advertising/market intelligence opportunities that location-aware companies can provide?
Come hear from panelists representing the many different facets of location — from application development to mobile payments to hyper-local advertising to mobile analytics and more.
* Josh Williams, CEO and Co-founder of Gowalla
* Blair Garrou, Managing Director of DFJ Mercury
* Rick Orr, CEO of ATX Technologies (Tabbed Out)
* Chris Treadaway, CEO of Notice Technologies
- Event Date: 5/5/2010
- Event Time: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Location: AT&T Conference Center
May 7, 2010 | ReadWriteWeb Mobile Summit 2010 (Mountain View, CA)
Get ready to explore, think and create the future of Mobile! As in our last event, The Real-Time Web Summit, it will be you – the attendees – who ultimately set the agenda.
People from companies such as Google, UrbanAirship and SimpleGeo are coming to explore the future of mobile in this unconference format. We’d love for you to come and share your thoughts about the future of mobile.
See the events page: ReadWriteWeb Mobile Summit 2010.