I’ve joined (invited to join) the governance body (Board of Directors) of the Mobile & Embedded Community. As a board member, some of my responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all contributions represent the values of the majority of the community and not simply the views of a small group.
- Ensure collaboration and peer review across the community.
- Manage and resolve conflicts, governance, branding and other non-technical issues related to the projects in the community.
- Amend the governance model of the community when needed.
- Ratify processes and procedures to be used by the entire community.
- Support and empower community participation for all projects.
- Approve project graduation against published criteria.
My personal goal is continue being an active member of the mobility community, and help improve and open the processes and promote collaboration, for the good of the mobile and embedded community…