Mayan

As I celebrated my birthday on December 21st, I was reminded that the “end of the world” is just 5 years away on Dec-21-2012, the year the Mayan calendar ends.

How some people have extrapolated that the end of such calendar means the end of the world is beyond me… The calendar is cyclical and it will pick up right where it left up. But maybe we should use this as an excuse to accelerate standardizing mobility and opening the networks… :-)

In any case, my good friend Larry Ketchersid, entrepreneur technologist, martial artist, science fiction writer, and family man recently wrote The Thinking Man’s Guide to the End of the World where he covers potential types of calamity, all conveniently sorted into categories…

ceo

8 thoughts on “The Mayan calendar, the end of the world, 2012, and mobility standards

• December 23, 2007 at 8:31 pm

Cumpleanos feliz, amigo mio! I owe you tequila next trip to Austin!

Lorenzo!

• July 26, 2008 at 12:41 am

Fuck you. the world is due for a dramatic “realignment” and i hope you die as swiftly as myself. better then the prolonged suffering of starvation from lack of crops.

• July 26, 2008 at 8:10 am

@Peter J:

Realignment will occur, regardless. Either due to natural reasons, or accelerated by humans’ doings.

But that has nothing to do w/ a human-made calendar. You lunatic!

Not very nice you saying FU… but since you brought it up first, pardon my French –> “fuck you”!

• November 16, 2009 at 7:27 am

i m from india and i say that it information is wrong because here is no such power which destryed the human perfectly .human is the most near to the god and god loves his all lovers and help them. god provide certanity to them who learns god all time

• April 22, 2010 at 1:30 pm

It is not. It is an interpretation of a calendar. Period. It is exactly like a Y2K thing.

• September 19, 2010 at 11:28 am

hi, no man can say.., nature will do as it must, by Gods design. Just except and live a good life.So.., be good. Peace to all.

Comments are closed.